I changed one of my projects this week, the one I was knitting with the tencel colorway, Painted Desert. Originally, it was called the Lacy Woven Scarf, using as my stitch pattern that of the Slip-Stitch Weave. It was knitting fast, but after about 12-14 inches of knitting, while the body of the fabric was shaping well, the sides weren't. I was using too loose a selvedge... but it was similar to what I had used in the swatch. Apparently maybe I should have swatched at least six inches to see how the selvedge would "hold" the fabric together.
So now... the Lacy Woven Scarf is due to be frogged.
And I decided to move on the another slip-stitch pattern, called the Pebbled Stitch. Because this stitch pattern has alternate rows of seed stitch and slip-stitch, I decided to call the scarf pattern as Lacy Seed. And the scarf is designed to be about 10-11 inches wide, making it a "shawlette", so I'm calling the project "Lacy Seed Shawlette."
I've also used a seed stitch selvedge, knitting the first and last stitches. So far, looks ok...and I'm almost done!
The stitch produces a nice-looking reverse/wrong side too... here are some pics, along with a view of the Painted Desert yarncake...
View of the right side
View of the wrong/reverse side
A view of the Painted Desert colorway, again, this time as a "yarncake":