Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's baaack! Sort of

Am I glad my knitting groove is back, albeit in a restrained manner. I only have energy to knit the hemp blanket I'm making for someone really special. That, and trying to finish the green-and-blue striped place mat I'm using as a sample for my classes.

I have a growing list of knitting projects for family once more, specifically a hat for my inaanak (godson) Anthony, shawls for his sister and mother, my cousin. I'm thinking of making place mats and coasters for my sister in Connecticut, since she likes to entertain, and I want it to be sort of a Filipiniana motif, like maybe having small shells at the borders.

In short, most of my knitting groove this time is for family once more. I think I know the astrological energy for this... but I won't bother you with the details. Let's just say, I probably need to balance my knitting, some for strangers and some for loved ones.

I'll soon post a pic of the hemp blanket strip, which is my 3rd attempt. I think third time's the charm, since I'm happy with how it's turning out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the blanket. I just tagged you with a blog meme "6 things you like to do." See my blog for the meme. Have a great weekend!

Amy Cavosora said...

Thanks... will check out the meme. The blanket strip's doing great, but since it's based on stockinette, it's rolling, so I don't know how best to take pic of the WIP... I'll think of something :-)